ISAPI_Rewrite is Apache .htaccess mod_rewrite compatible URL rewriter for Microsoft IIS. It makes possible to move configurations from Apache to IIS and vice versa just by copying .htaccess files. It is used for search engine optimization, to proxy another server's content, stop hotlinking or strengthen server security.
Top features of ISAPI_Rewrite:
- Same syntax and behavior as of Apache mod_rewrite makes it possible to migrate configurations just by copying .htaccess files.
- Regular expressions for flexible and powerful configurations.
- Extremely fast, durable and highly scalable pure C++ code.
- Distributed configurations: global server level, virtual host (web site) level, directory level .htaccess files with real-time monitoring.
- Isolation - user level configuration affects only local user environment making ISAPI_Rewrite an ideal solution for web hosting providers.
Top usage examples:
- Search engine optimization.
- Proxying content of one web server through another web server.
- Prevention of content leeching (direct hotlinking).
- Blocking specific hosts, referrers or annoying robots.
- Content negotiation - serving different files for different language or different browsers.
- Load balancing emulation for web cluster.
List of supported Apache .htaccess directives:
RewriteMap [txt:, rnd:, int:]
You can find more useful examples in ISAPI_Rewrite documentation and Apache online documentation or script archives. Most of Apache examples can run with ISAPI_Rewrite without modification.
» version 3.1 - posted on 2007-12-04
Support for Apache mod_rewrite syntax and distributed .htaccess configuration files.
EULA - End User License Agreement
License for use and distribution
This license agreement covers all existing versions of ISAPI_Rewrite: ISAPI_Rewrite, ISAPI_Rewrite Full, ISAPI_Rewrite Lite, ISAPI_Rewrite beta from now on referred below as ISAPI_Rewrite unless otherwise specified.
1. All rights not expressly granted here are reserved by Helicon Tech.
2. All copyrights to ISAPI_Rewrite are exclusively owned by the author - Helicon Tech.
3. Helicon Tech grants a free license for use of ISAPI_Rewrite Lite product.
4. Helicon Tech grants permission to use ISAPI_Rewrite during a test period of 30-days. When the trial period is over you should either buy ISAPI_Rewrite or remove the ISAPI_Rewrite product.
5. The unregistered trial version of ISAPI_Rewrite, may be freely distributed, with exceptions noted below, provided the distribution package is not modified. No person or company may charge a fee for the distribution of ISAPI_Rewrite without written permission from the copyright holder. The unregistered trial version of ISAPI_Rewrite may not be bundled or distributed with any other package without written permission of the copyright holder.
6. ISAPI_Rewrite IS DISTRIBUTED "AS IS". NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND IS EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. YOU USE ISAPI_Rewrite AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE AUTHOR WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DATA LOSS, DAMAGES, LOSS OF PROFITS OR ANY OTHER KIND OF LOSS WHILE USING OR MISUSING THIS SOFTWARE.
7. You may not use, copy, emulate, clone, rent, lease, sell, modify, decompile, disassemble, otherwise reverse engineer, or transfer the licensed program, or any subset of the licensed program, except as provided for in this agreement. Any such unauthorized use shall result in immediate and automatic termination of this license and may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution.
8. The terms of this license are subjects of changes in future versions of ISAPI_Rewrite.
9. When you buy ISAPI_Rewrite, the "Registration key" is being issued to you. This "Registration key" can only be used by the person (or company) purchased it and only on the single computer. If you buy more than one copy of ISAPI_Rewrite, the Registration key issued to you could be used only on the number of computers equal to the number of licenses you bought.
10. You can only use the "Registration key" received from Helicon Tech or the company affiliating or partnering with Helicon Tech and having written permission to distribute "Registration key".
11. Installing and using ISAPI_Rewrite signifies acceptance of these terms and conditions of the license.
12. If you do not agree with the terms of this license or if the terms of this license contradict with your local laws, you must remove ISAPI_Rewrite files from your storage devices and cease to use the product.
13. We adhere to strict privacy guidelines and do NOT collect personally identifiable information unless it is voluntarily provided.
If you have further questions or feedback, please visit us at http://www.helicontech.com/
Thank you for using ISAPI_Rewrite.